Hello! My name is Laura Terry.
I work (and play) as an illustrator and cartoonist in Brooklyn.
After a childhood misspent raising pigs, selling hot-dogs, and drawing princesses, I ran away to the relative splendor of an all-girls boarding school and wore many shades of plaid. This was followed by an extremely long drive to New York, where I studied painting at Pratt. I took my BFA and wandered from Ireland to Texas, to Portland Oregon making comics. Eventually I ended up at the Center for Cartoon Studies, where I received my MFA in cartooning.
Now, I spend my days in the company of a poodle named Muffin drawing comics. My graphic novel Graveyard Shakes will be published by Scholastic in 2017!
If you would like to commission work from me, or just have a question, send me an email.
- Rob Clough's High Low August Chase Volume 1 review
- Rob Clough's High Low Review of "The Dark" from Irene #4
- Slate Overboard Review
- The Beat Scholastic to publish Laura Terry's Graphic Novel
- Rob Clough's High Low Review of Shotgun Funeral
- The Comics Journal The Comics Journal's Best of 2011, Morning Song
- Xeric Grant
- The Xeric Foundation was established by Peter Laird, co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's an award that goes to creators who want to self-publish their comics. 2012 was the final year of the grant and Laura was among the last winners.
- The Comics Journal, Top 30 Mini-Comics of 2011
- Laura Terry's comic Morning Song was on the list of best mini-comics of 2011
- The Comics Journal, Top 25 mini-comic of 2010
- Laura Terry's comic Dance After Dark was on the list of best mini-comics of 2011