Hello! My name is Laura Terry. I’m the author and illustrator of the graphic novel, Graveyard Shakes and illustrator of Anna Strong and the Revolutionary War Culper Spy Ring. As a child, I spent my days in rural Texas raising livestock, playing in the woods, and discovering an intense love for books, particularly those of Neil Gaiman, Roald Dahl, and Ursula K. Le Guin. I studied painting at Pratt Institute, then got my very fancy Masters in Cartooning from the Center for Cartoon Studies in Vermont. Now, I work (and play) as an illustrator and cartoonist in Brooklyn with my tiny poodle Muffin. I especially love drawing adorable woodland creatures and fantasy stories involving ghosts. My very first graphic novel, Graveyard Shakes, is available here. You can also find me on Instagram and Twitter!
- Kirkus Reviews Anna Strong and the Revolutionary War Culper Spy Ring
- Goodreads Anna Strong and the Revolutionary War Culper Spy Ring
- Publishers Weekly Graveyard Shakes Review
- School Library Journal Review of Graveyard Shakes
- High-Low Review of The Sweetest Curse
- Junior Library Guild Selection
- Graveyard Shakes was honored by the Junior Library Guild as one of their 2016 selections.
- Best American Comics, Notable Comic
- Overboard was chosen as one of the Best American Comics Notable books of 2013.
- Ignatz Nomination
- Morning Song was nominated for an Ignatz Award for outstanding mini-comic.
- Xeric Grant Winner
- Overboard won a Xeric Grant in 2012, for self-published comics.