Hello! My name is Laura Terry. I’m the author and illustrator of the graphic novel, Graveyard Shakes. As a child, I spent my days in rural Texas raising livestock, playing in the woods, and discovering an intense love for books, particularly those of Neil Gaiman, Roald Dahl, and Ursula K. Le Guin. I studied painting at Pratt Institute, then got my very fancy Masters in Cartooning from the Center for Cartoon Studies in Vermont. Now, I work (and play) as an illustrator and cartoonist in Brooklyn with my tiny poodle Muffin. I especially love drawing adorable woodland creatures and fantasy stories involving ghosts. My very first graphic novel, Graveyard Shakes, is available here. You can also find me on Instagram and Twitter!
- Rob Clough's High Low August Chase Volume 1 review
- Rob Clough's High Low Review of "The Dark" from Irene #4
- Slate Overboard Review
- The Beat Scholastic to publish Laura Terry's Graphic Novel
- Rob Clough's High Low Review of Shotgun Funeral
- The Comics Journal The Comics Journal's Best of 2011, Morning Song
- Test post Here's a test post
- Xeric Grant
- The Xeric Foundation was established by Peter Laird, co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's an award that goes to creators who want to self-publish their comics. 2012 was the final year of the grant and Laura was among the last winners.
- The Comics Journal, Top 30 Mini-Comics of 2011
- Laura Terry's comic Morning Song was on the list of best mini-comics of 2011
- The Comics Journal, Top 25 mini-comic of 2010
- Laura Terry's comic Dance After Dark was on the list of best mini-comics of 2011